Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grand Mal Seizures Support Group Online

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins


Title: The Hunger Games (Vol. 1)
Original title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins imprint
: RBA LIBROS, SA
No. of pages: 400
In Chile: Libreria SI
antartica: $ 17,880
Chilean Library Book Fair: $ 16,990
Recommended Age: 16 (although recommended for all ages)
Other books of similar theme: Betrayal by Scott Westerfeld, The Declaration by Gemma Malley.

A history of wars has left the 12 districts that divide Panem under the tyrannical power of the "Capitol."
Without freedom and poverty, no one can leave the boundaries of his district. Just a girl of 16, Katniss Everdeen, dares to challenge the rules for food. His
prinicipios will be tested with "The Hunger Games", televised spectacle that organized the Capitol to humiliate the population. Each year, 2 representatives from each district will be forced to survive in a hostile environment and fight to the death between them until a single survivor.
When his little sister is chosen to participate, Katniss not hesitate to take his place, determined to demonstrate its firm and determined attitude that even in desperate situations, there is room for love and respect.



Personal Opinion
The truth is I can not comment because I have not read yet, but I am raising money to buy it someday (ay! here in Chile is that the books will cost a pretty penny ¬ ¬)
Personally there are 4 books that I have to read whether or if in my life: Shadow Hunters saga (which I read), the host stephanie meyer (already read), Graceling by Kristin Cashore (which I just bought and I will read) and Hunger Games is going to be my next Shopping:)


0 comments:

Post a Comment